My research work is mainly focused on the study of gauge theories, investigated by means of Monte Carlo lattice simulations. The final goal is a better understanding of the non-perturbative physics of these theories, which include four dimensional Yang-Mills theories and QCD, but also lower dimensional models. Typical phenomena investigated are color confinement, theta-dependence and critical properties of these models at phase transitions.
- Noncompact lattice Higgs model with Abelian discrete gauge groups: Phase diagram and gauge symmetry enlargement 
- Color-flavor reflection in the continuum limit of two-dimensional lattice gauge theories with scalar fields 
- Critical behaviors of lattice U(1) gauge models and three-dimensional Abelian-Higgs gauge field theory 
- Multicritical point of the three-dimensional ℤ₂ gauge Higgs model 
- Scalar gauge-Higgs models with discrete Abelian symmetry groups