My research is in the field of Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics, in particular in the more general context of the quantum control of matter, i.e. the manipulation, through radiation / matter interaction, of the internal and external state of micro-, meso and macroscopic quantum systems. In recent years my interests also include research in applied physics starting from the skills and results achieved in cold atoms research.
- High-fidelity quantum control via Autler-Townes splitting 
- Measurements of blackbody-radiation-induced transition rates between high-lying S, P, and D Rydberg levels 
- Methods of mode generation inside hollow core photonic crystal fibers 
- Overcoming 1 part in $$10^9$$ of earth angular rotation rate measurement with the G Wettzell data 
- Size-dependent optical forces on dielectric microspheres in hollow core photonic crystal fibers