My research activity is mainly devoted to the analysis of evolutionary characteristics of field and cluster stars, galactic and extragalactic, to explain the stellar clusters evolution in terms of the galactic evolution and to define distance and time scales. I am also interested in common problems between stellar physics and nuclear/theoretical physics, mainly on Standard Solar Model calculations also in relation with solar neutrino production and on the effects of updated nuclear reaction rates on stellar evolutionary characteristics.
My main research topics are: Models of stellar structure and evolution; Solar models and solar neutrino production; Stellar formation; Stellar nucleosynthesis; Analysis of stellar clusters and single and binary field stars; Synthetic models of stellar populations; Galactic models for star counts; Helio and asteroseismology; Nuclear reactions and stellar characteristics
- Age and convective core overshooting calibrations in CPD-54 810 binary system 
- The 4MOST Survey of Young Stars (4SYS) 
- Uncertainties in asteroseismic grid-based estimates of the ages of halo stars 
- Gaia-ESO Survey: Role of magnetic activity and starspots on pre-main-sequence lithium evolution 
- Indirect investigations on fusion reactions