Since from the beginning of my research activity, I have been involved in laser/matter interaction applied to nanotechnologies, innovative materials for photonics, metrology, biophysics.
Presently, my major research interests are:
(1) optical near-field nanoscopy for the investigation of optical properties at the nanoscale in nanostructured materials;
(2) scanning probe microscopy and surface metrology in microfabricated samples with antibacterial and antiviral properties;
(3) plasmon nanoparticles and their exploitation within innovative gene editing strategies;
(4) ring laser gyroscope interferometry applied to metrology of the Earth rotational velocity.
Past research lines include: laser manipulation of cold atomic vapors, laser production of monochromatic ion beams, pulsed laser ablation and thin film deposition, fluorescence diagnostics of plasmas, atomic and molecular laser spectroscopy.
- Blending or Bonding? Mechanochromism of an Aggregachromic Mechanophore in a Thermoplastic Elastomer 
- Fluid-driven bacterial accumulation in proximity of laser-textured surfaces 
- Overcoming 1 part in $$10^9$$ of earth angular rotation rate measurement with the G Wettzell data 
- WO3 Nanowires Enhance Molecular Alignment and Optical Anisotropy in Electrospun Nanocomposite Fibers: Implications for Hybrid Light-Emitting Systems 
- Constraining theories of gravity by GINGER experiment 
- FISICA GENERALE (Cod. 202BB) CdS IEA-LM5 INGEGNERIA EDILE-ARCHITETTURA (Registro)
- LABORATORIO 2 - MODULO A (Modulo dell'insegnamento LABORATORIO 2 - Cod. 033BB) CdS FIS-L FISICA (Registro)
- LABORATORIO 2 - MODULO B (Modulo dell'insegnamento LABORATORIO 2 - Cod. 033BB) CdS FIS-L FISICA (Registro)
- SPECTROSCOPY OF NANOMATERIALS II (Modulo dell'insegnamento SPECTROSCOPY OF NANOMATERIALS - Cod. 266BB) CdS WNT-LM MATERIALS AND NANOTECHNOLOGY (Registro)
- SPETTROSCOPIA E MICROSCOPIA DEI NANOMATERIALI (Cod. 383BB) CdS WFI-LM FISICA (Registro)