Researcher in the field of the Experimental Physics of Elementary Particles and Fundamental Phenomena, and in the field of Medical Physics. I worked on particle detectors with innovative design, on the construction and operation of large experimental apparatus, and on the analysis of experimental data for the study of elementary particle’s properties. Member of collaborations ALEPH (e + e- collider LEP, CERN, 1986-2000), CMS (pp collider LHC, CERN, since 1994), ROSE-RD48 and RD50 (CERN, since 1996), CALET (JAXA-ASI-NASA, since 2015), and various projects INFN-CSN1/CSN5.
Design and operation of the ALEPH Hadron calorimeter, muon chambers, and vertex detector. Precise measurement of the tau lepton lifetime.
Design and operation of the CMS tracking system, rad-hard silicon micro-strips detectors. Member of projects for pixel detector Upgrade Phase I and Phase II. Collaborating to Higgs boson discovery.
Co-author of ~1500 publications, H-index is 109 (IsiWebOfScience core coll.)
- Analysis of the CP structure of the Yukawa coupling between the Higgs boson and tau leptons in proton-proton collisions at root s=13 TeV 
- A new calibration method for charm jet identification validated with proton-proton collision events at root s=13 TeV 
- A portrait of the Higgs boson by the CMS experiment ten years after the discovery 
- Beam test performance of a prototype module with Short Strip ASICs for the CMS HL-LHC tracker upgrade 
- Evidence for X(3872) in Pb-Pb Collisions and Studies of its Prompt Production at sNN =5.02 TeV