I have been an associate professor at the University of Pisa since 2017. I began my academic career in the field of growth and spectroscopic characterization of rare-earth-doped crystalline insulating materials in the visible and near-infrared regions.
Over the years, my research interests have expanded towards the mid-infrared and THz regions. Throughout my career, I have characterized and optimized many devices and materials for various applications such as photonics, scintillation, quantum information technologies, biomedicine, etc. Recently, I have been working on developing new spectroscopy and imaging methods in the THz region for monitoring plant health, and also fruit and food quality.
As of 2022, in all these research areas, I have published more than 190 papers in international peer-reviewed journals, I hold two patents, and I am accredited with an h-index of 51 in Scopus and 49 in ISI WoS.
- Strain-Induced Plasmon Confinement in Polycrystalline Graphene 
- Terahertz imaging for non-invasive classification of healthy and cimiciato-infected hazelnuts 
- Eu-Doped Pyrochlore Crystal Nano-Powders as Fluorescent Solid for Fingerprint Visualization and for Anti-Counterfeiting Applications 
- Infrared Photoluminescence of Nd-Doped Sesquioxide and Fluoride Nanocrystals: A Comparative Study 
- Light in the darkness 
- FISICA GENERALE I + ESERCITAZIONI (Cod. 332BB) CdS CHI-L CHIMICA (Registro)
- INTRODUCTION TO OPTICAL SPECTROSCOPY (Cod. 396BB) CdS WNT-LM MATERIALS AND NANOTECHNOLOGY (Registro)
- LABORATORIO 3 (Cod. 034BB) CdS FIS-L FISICA (Registro)
- LABORATORIO 3 AVANZATO (Cod. 347BB) CdS FIS-L FISICA (Registro)
- SPECTROSCOPY OF NANOMATERIALS I (Modulo dell'insegnamento SPECTROSCOPY OF NANOMATERIALS - Cod. 266BB) CdS WNT-LM MATERIALS AND NANOTECHNOLOGY (Registro)
- SPETTROSCOPIA OTTICA DEI MATERIALI (Cod. 384BB) CdS WFI-LM FISICA (Registro)