The activity of my group has been mainly devoted to the realization of THz photonic devices. Having achieved years ago the first ever THz semiconductor heterostructure laser, our developments include also the first THz detectors in semiconductor nanowire and graphene field effect transistors. Recently we have instead focused on investigating THz microcavity lasers and THz opto-mechanical devices, as well as on implementing applications, particularly in the agri-food field.
On the fundamental physics side, we investigate the modification and control of light-matter interaction in structures with strong photon confinement, for instance based on graphene plasmons. We have been investigating the formation and dynamics of intersubband polaritons and studying their electrical and optical manipulation. My group also implemented the first experiments of coherent absorption control in a polariton system and in graphene.
- Comparative Performance Analysis of Femtosecond-Laser-Written Diode-Pumped Pr:LiLuF4 Visible Waveguide Lasers 
- Diode-pumped visible lasing in femtosecond-laser-written Pr:LiLuF4 waveguide 
- Highly conformable terahertz metasurface absorbers via two-photon polymerization on polymeric ultra-thin films 
- Operability timescale of defect-engineered graphene 
- Optical grade bromide-based thin film electrolytes 
- CURRENT TRENDS IN QUANTUM MATTER (Cod. 407BB) CdS WFI-LM FISICA (Registro)
- FISICA DEI DISPOSITIVI FOTONICI (Cod. 203BB) CdS WFI-LM FISICA (Registro)
- FONDAMENTI DI INTERAZIONE RADIAZIONE MATERIA (Cod. 304BB) CdS WFI-LM FISICA (Registro)
- STRUTTURA DELLA MATERIA (Cod. 041BB) CdS FIS-L FISICA (Registro)