Physics is a very exciting subject, that is fundamental to many fields in the modern society. Our Physics Degree provides you with a broad conceptual and practical working knowledge of Classical and Modern Physics, applicable to many different careers.
The Bachelor’s Degree leads to a solid background in Fundamental Physics, covering topics such as Special Relativity, Quantum Mechanics, Introductory Condensed Matter, Chemistry, Particle Physics, Electricity and Magnetism, as well as all the relevant and necessary mathematical formalism and computing skills. This is complemented by many activities in the Labs, where you will be able to work “hands on” on experiments which are in sinergy with what you studied in lectures.
Graduates will be capable of understanding and applying the scientific method and of successfully applying for jobs.
The educational objectives include:
- Well-developed skills in Physics and Maths, including tools for the modeling and analysis of various classes of complex physical systems;
- A good operational knowledge of modern Lab tools and instruments, and of the techniques for collecting and processing experimental data;
- Knowledge of computational and programming methods;
- Ability to manage scientific research, and technological innovation.
Graduates in Physics are guaranteed a solid and broad preparation, which allows them to successfully continue their training on a Master’s Degree and eventually on a PhD. Teaching includes lectures, practicals, ongoing tests, laboratory works, internships in research laboratories or companies.
Find out which subjects you will study: Lectures.
Master degree applications
(data source: Universitaly and Alma Laurea)
Bachelor Graduates will acquire all the knowledge, skills and versatility allowing them to to successfully seek employment in the areas, among others, of electronics, information technology, energy, bio-medicine, advanced manufacturing, cultural heritage, environmental protection and sustainability, and in economics. The Bachelor Degree prepares for the profession of:
- Physicists and Astronomers
- Graduated technicians in Physical Sciences
- Quantitative, physical and chemical science technicians
- Technicians and operators of optical, electronic, and similar equipment.
- Data from Universitaly: https://www.universitaly.it/index.php/scheda/sua/55970#3
- The occupational profile of the UniPi Bachelor Graduates in Physics, from Alma Laurea (download, in Italian)
- The profile of the UniPi Bachelor Graduates in Physics (download, in Italian)
- Open-day activities at the Department of Physics https://orientamento.unipi.it/piacere-unipi/fisica-laurea-triennale/ on the site https://orientamento.unipi.it/
- Further details about the Bachelor Degree from UniPi: https://www.unipi.it/index.php/lauree/corso/10441
- Bachelor Degree: Formal structure (legal details)
- Bachelor Degree: List of lectures offered in different academic years